Headache is very common in almost everyone and to cure this, people try various methods and even these methods work. But Migraine is not like any other normal headache. It is different. So, let’s discuss how Migraine is different from a normal headache.
What is Migraine?
Migraine which is known as Adhakpaaree in Hindi generally occurs either in the left-hand side or right-hand side of the brain and is very episodic i.e. it can last for a few hours or minutes or even for some days or generally it can continue for some weeks or months. But suppose, you are suffering from headache for 1-2 days in months and it gets cured by taking any medicines or by taking some precautions like drinking tea or coffee, then this is not a migraine. Generally, if the headache stays for more than 3-4 days or even for 10 days and effects your day to day activities and you are unable to focus or concentrate or are disturbed, then this is considered as headache due to Migraine.
Theories of Migraine
For this there are some theories namely:
· Depolarization Theory
According to this theory, the waves running in the brain’s nerves cause pain due to this headache occurs.
· Low Serotonin Theory
Serotonin is neurotransmitter i.e. it is a chemical secreted in our body. Due to less production of serotonin, it narrows the brain’s nerve i.e. it dilates the nerves of the brain and this, in turn, produces pain due to which migraine can occur.
Precautions for Migraine:
We should take some precautions that will help you to get relief from the pain of migraines.
· If you are suffering from serve migraine’s headache from 3-4 days continuously, then take medicine because some people try to bear the pain but this can increase the pain with time. If you take at the start of the headache, then this pain can be diminished very quickly i.e. it gets subsidized because if you delay in taking medicines, this may increase the pain and it may also take more time to get cure.
· But keep in mind that, you have to take medicine only when you have an unbearable headache from 4-5 days. Otherwise, go to a silent room and dim or off the light or you can also sleep because sleeping gives relief to the headache of migraine to some extent. Also, excess or less or incomplete sleep can increase the pain.
· Get up early in the morning and do meditation or yoga as it also gives some relief from the pain of migraines. Listen to some light music or exercise that helps in controlling the headache of migraine and also don’t stay hungry as it may increase the pain.
· Sometimes in migrate people feel like to vomit and they misunderstand that this is happening due to acidity and they are suffering from headache due to this acidity. But this is not true as in migraine sometimes our brain sends some signals to the stomach and these signals cause vomiting. So, there are very high chances of vomiting in migraine.
· There is one thing known as Migraine with aura. In some migraine, you will feel that there are some flashes of light or something is breaking or twinkling, etc, this is called Migraine with aura but mostly this is not a classical presentation. So, to protect yourself from this, listen to light music or do yoga or meditation or take proper sleep and also improve your Habits. If you are consuming alcohol or doing smoking or eating very oily, spicy and fatty food, then stop them totally because all these things will increase the pain of migraine. Also, don’t consume too much tea or coffee. Coffee no doubt gives relief in migraines but don’t take it in excess. Don’t take soft drinks also.
· You can consume onion, Gran berries, strawberries, berries, carrot, or green vegetables like spinach during a migraine as they are very beneficial in migraine.
· Also, prepare a routine and improve your habits or daily activities. Because of this pain of migraine generally gets finished and it doesn’t occur again for some months or years.
· But if you are suffering from an unbearable headache from 10-15 days continuously, then complete the dose of medicine. Generally, it is the course of 3-6 months and you should complete it and taking this course, the pain may not occur sometimes. It doesn’t mean that the pain will not occur again, this pain will occur again but this may occur after some months or even years. But, you should complete the course. Don’t try to control this pain by your own methods.