Water is very essential for our survival. But with the increase in pollution, we are not getting pure drinking water. To make water pure, many companies have designed different water purifiers using different technologies. But the question is which technology or which water purifier will be best for our use?
To answer this, let’s first discuss some commonly used technologies in Water Purifiers.
Technologies used in Water Purifier
1. RO (Reverse Osmosis)
This is the best technology used for purifying the water till now in the market. RO consist of a thin membrane that has filters and these filters have tiny holes of size 0.0001 micron. Through membrane, water is passed from a pump with high pressure. The holes are so thin that it removes almost everything whether it is metals, minerals or others impurities from the water. In the end, it will give pure and transparent water and the water which couldn’t pass from holes and will come out from filter as wastewater.Get Discounted Deals On Water Purifiers Here
2. UV (Ultra Violet Rays)
In this method, UV rays are used to purify the water. It contains a chamber through which water is passed and inside this UV rays are continuously passing, when water is passed from UV rays, then all the bacteria or viruses present in the water get killed and you will get pure water.
3. UF (Ultra filtration)
In this type of purifier, it consists of the filters that have tiny holes the same as RO but in this size of holes are different i.e. 0.1 micron which is 0.0001 micron in case of RO. Therefore, some content present in water may pass in case of UF, but not in the case of RO.Get Discounted Deals On Water Purifiers Here
Which Water Purifier is best for your home?
· Source of Water
For this you first need to check the source of water i.e. you should know from where the water is coming in your house, whether it is coming from Nagar Nigam or from BMC or you have directly bored in the earth or from well, hand pump, etc.
· TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) meter
TDS meter is an instrument used to find how many impurities i.e. solid contents like bacteria, minerals, metals, etc, are present in the water. After recognizing the source of water, it is very important to check the purity of water with the help of a TDS meter. You can purchase the TDS meter online or from any nearby shops. TDS includes other things like minerals, calcium, etc in it along with impurities. According to BIS (Bureau of Indian standard), water with 500 TDS is good for health i.e. a human can consume water up to 500 TDS.
· If TDS is greater than 500 TDS that means, water has more impurities and water having TDS greater than 500 is called hard water. So, the water gets from boring in the ground has more TDS, it around 800-1000 TDS.Get Discounted Deals On Water Purifiers Here
· If you are getting water from the government i.e. from Nagar Nigam or BMC, then you need not a purifier, as they already give us purified water whose TDS is around 100-200 which is consumable.
· Water also has some minerals, calcium, some salts, etc, that are important for human health. But RO has very thin holes, which also removes these important contents from water and gives only pure water with no minerals in it. This technology was designed for those who travel in ships for a long time, so it is used by them to purify the salty oceanic water and get pure water to drink as they don’t carry water along with them. That’s why RO technology was designed, to filter salty ocean water.
· Also, RO can convert hard water into soft water i.e. it can remove all impurities from water and make it pure. So, this is best where TDS is 400-500 or more. That means if the TDS of water at your home is 400 or 500 or 800 or even more, then you need an RO. Although RO removes important minerals for water but it gives you pure water. You can get sufficient nutrients from food also. So, if the TDS level of water at your home is 400-500 or more, then you should go for RO.
· If the TDS of water is 100-200, then you need not use RO at your home. But if you want to remove bacteria or other viruses or remove bad smells from water, then you can use a UV filter. A UV filter will kill all the bacteria or viruses from water and make water bacteria-free.
Point to Think!!
Some companies claim that their water purifiers are RO+ or UV+ or RO + UF etc. First thing you need to clear is that Only RO is the best technology in the market, rest are the tricks used by companies to sell their product.
· Some companies also provide a TDS controller with the RO filter to control the TDS, but what actually happens is, half water is passed through the filter and half water is passed from the TDS controller and filtered water coming from filter again gets mixed with water coming from TDS controller. If you observe, it is mixing filtered water again with the non-filtered water, so, what is the purpose of filtering the water. Think!!Get Discounted Deals On Water Purifiers Here
· Sometimes, when you drink filtered water from RO and may feel acidity, This is because, all the minerals are removed from the water, there is only pure water left that you drink and it may become acidic. So, to avoid this, some companies used another chamber that contains alkali, which is mixed with pure water to avoid acidity, but if you think, we filter water to get pure water but again we are mixing chemicals in it and indirectly consuming the chemicals. Do you think it worth??
Keep in mind that there is no other best technology than RO and other extra things used along with it are creating just illusions.
In nutshell, if the TDS of your home is greater than 400-500 then use RO otherwise, you can use other filters to purify the water.
How to choose the company for Water Purifier?
Many companies design RO or water purifiers but the question is which one to choose?
· First, choose the type of RO or water purifier you want for your home according to your TDS level. After that, choose the company.
· You may get the filter in ₹4000-₹5000 in the market and RO’s of big companies may cost ₹10000 or ₹15000 or more.Get Discounted Deals On Water Purifiers Here
· Never purchase RO from a local company as they are using very low-quality filters that instead of improving the water quality, may make water quality poor.
· Always purchase RO of a good company and also check the quality of filters used in the RO. You may get a filter of good company in ₹7000-₹8000 and as price increases, there may be slight changes in graphics.
· So, use a good filter of a good company because if you use a bad filter of poor company, this may decrease water quality.
· You should visit the market and check which companies are providing RO of good quality and also check their price.
· After surveying, you can also check the same online, if you are getting RO of the same quality with the same Model at less price, you can also order online and a person from the may come and install the RO in your home.
Check Maintenance Cost
Remember that RO needs service every 6-7 months. You need to replace its filters after 6-7months as all the waste is getting deposited in the filter and if you don’t replace them, slowly it will not filter the water properly, so, service your RO regularly. It will cost around 50% of the actual cost of RO, i.e. if you purchase RO of ₹8000, then it will cost around ₹4000 to replace all its filters with a new one.
So, also check RO’s maintenance cost before purchasing it.
Make one thing clear that water purifier does not mean RO, it is just a technology used to filter the water. Many other technologies like UV, UF, MF, and NF are also used in Water Purifier. But RO is best of all.Get Discounted Deals On Car Accessories HereGet Discounted Deals On Car Accessories Here